According to Global Wireless Solutions data, in 2021 TikTok sees a 380% increase in total hours of use. Users spent an average of 50 minutes per day on TikTok. This makes it a very attractive place for brands to advertise their products or services. Hence, the app is a great way to connect with your audience and advertise your products or services while also creating content that keeps them engaged. If you’re not using TikTok to promote your business, now it’s time to start!
TikTok is not for teens only
TikTok is popular among people of different ages. Adults find this platform quite appealing with its unique user interface and various entertaining features. It’s no wonder why many businesses have been attracted by this new opportunity to engage with consumers through paid ads.
Statista says that 22.4% of TikTok users in the US are 20-29 years old and 21.7% are 30-39. Hence, you can’t say that TikTok is a teenage platform only and is not a good place to advertise your products.
Image from Statista
Who should invest in TikTok ads?
If you are looking for ways to grow your brand, TikTok might be the answer. TikTok is a great platform to reach Brands to customers 35 and under, women, especially those aged 18 to 25, and companies aimed to build a strong presence in Asian and the Middle East markets. With over 1 billion videos uploaded every day, TikTok offers businesses an opportunity to connect with their customers and build brand awareness.
Formats of TikTok Ads
TikTok is not just for fun anymore! With the new ads formats, you can now advertise your business in-feed or top view. You also have options like branded hashtag challenges and sponsored effects that will make all of those followers engage with your ads. Let’s take a closer look at TikTok Ads formats.
Native Video Ads
Native video ads are short-form videos from 9 to 15 seconds long, which are displayed directly in the users’ feed on the For You page. They look similar to native TikToks, so they blend organically into the feed. Native video ads have a clickable call to action button. It can be used to drive traffic to your website, app download page, or brand’s TikTok account.
If you are struggling with irritated, sensitiveskin, we have you covered. 🙌💙 skincare101
Brand Takeover Ads
Brands takeover ads creatives displayed in feeds before videos from other users. They can be in the form of static images, GIFs or videos. Brand takeover ads can be measured with impressions, unique reach, and clicks.
#candy #candyshop #львів #top #recommendations #україна #recomendation #львівжелейки #rec #желейки #ukraine #lviv #like #candycolor
With the help of branded lenses, brands can embrace their playful side. You can create shareable branded stickers, filters, and effects for users who want to have fun with video content. These items are a great way of marketing your products in an engaging manner that gets noticed on social media.
Looking for some inspo for the feature wall at home so turned to the #Duluxsimplyrefresh branded effect for a helping hand #duluxpaint #dulux #paint
A hashtag challenge is a common form that advertisers use to promote their products or brands on TikTok. This type of ad fits well with Tik Tok’s general aesthetic since users are encouraged to get creative and express themselves. Influencers constantly use it to promote brands and their products, making this format perfect for advertisers who want creative content with strong branding.
How to advertise on TikTok effectively?
Here are some tips on how to successfully get your business out there on TikTok.
- Keep your videos short and sweet. This means that if you create an ad, you should try to focus on your product qualities only, but discover how your product can help, and why people should use it. Try to make your ad emotional as well, because emotions sell better than words, actually.
- Your ads should be vertically-formatted to look like native content.
- Hashtags are a great way for brands to grow their following. Watch the trends and use the relevant hashtags to get more UGC.
- Bring some value to your content. These can be guides, tutorials, tips from professionals, etc. This type of content proved to be one of the best ways to get shares and clicks on TikTok.
- Include links to any products or services that you’re advertising in the video description.
- Add UGC in your ads. Make sure your ads feature people and situations that real-life users can relate to, in order for them to understand why they should try out the brand.
- Partner with influencers. When you’re looking for ways to increase your brand’s reach, partnering with influencers is one of the best options. Influencer marketing has been proven time after again as an effective strategy that can drastically change how many people view and purchase from you.
- Improve the checkout experience for your customers. TikTok is a powerful marketing tool and it drives great traffic to your website or app. But if your checkout process is complicated and long, you can lose those precious customers. That’s why a fast checkout process is a need for every business. Shopala is a mobile shopping ads platform that enables a shopping experience within an advertising environment on mobile. If you want to learn more about how you can improve your sales with Shopala, Contact us.
TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in recent years. The app has a lot of active users and it’s only getting bigger, so if you’re not using this powerful platform to reach your audience, you could be missing out on potential customers. We hope this blog post has given you some valuable information about why you should include TikTok ads into your marketing budget for 2022 and beyond.